Saturday, September 18, 2010

~Art Journal Challenge Blog~My All Time Favorite Movie Entry~


~All Time Favorite Movie Challenge~
When Ky announced this challenge I had no hesitation as to what movie I was gonna do. Anyone who knows me, Knows ROCKY is my all time favorite movie. I will watch this movie over and over again. In fact I have to admit there are actually 6 Rocky Movies so I'm claiming all 6 in this challenge. Why? Because I can't choose just one Rocky movie. That's like saying pick only one part of ya body, ya don't need the rest. I will warn ya I can go on and on about Rocky. But here's what I will say about it being my favorite. Each Rocky has a life lesson in them. Such as... Go for it, Nothing is Real if you don't believe in who you are, It ain't over 'till it's over, Just to name a few.
I also enjoy knowing how each movie was made. The first Rocky was on a very limited budget, So much so that Sylvester Stallone asked his first wife to take the pictures as they were filming. He used mostly family such as his brother Frank Stallone who plays the street singer. He had to sell his dog Buckus because he couldn't afford to feed him. Once Rocky made money Stallone went and retrieved Buckus. The turkey seen was extremely funny knowing that Sylvester only had enough money to buy one turkey. Which meant they had to have someone in the alley to catch the turkey "Pauley" the character tosses out the door. Luckily they got it in one take.
Sylvester Stallone also made film history with Rocky. He found it easier to start at the end of the fight and work backwards. This way the brusies and swelling was consistant. Going from 1st fight to the last, required perfect palcement of bruises and such and he couldn't be sure they would be consistent.
Like I said I could go on and on with Rocky because it's my fave. I might one day write a behind the Rocky tid-bit entry one day.
I hope ya will join Ky and us on these wonderful Challenges. Just click the link above and see what juicy challenge Ky has planned for us tomorrow.





4 comments:

Kym said...

This is an awesome page Poe. I love all the quotes. The colors are great as is the overall design of the piece. Very nice. And those are great movies.

Kerri Love said...

That is really cool Poe, I never knew all that. I just love your page too, the pictures are perfect and so are the colors you chose and I love your pocket too.

APG Jamie said...

and I have to agree, the colors are perfect for setting off and making the pictures the prominent focus

Cathy Bueti said...

Great post! I love Rocky too! All of them! I can watch them over and over! And I too love the messages within each movie!

This piece is great! Love the design! Nice work!

:)