Saturday, December 19, 2009

~Gluten-Free Essentials Review~


~Gluten Free Essentials Review~
Chocolate Mint Fudge Brownie Mix
Lemon Poppy Seed Bread & Muffin Mix



Finished Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin
I received a surprise package in the mail a few days ago. What was funny was, I had just mentioned the night before how I would like a brownie. Now those who know me, KNOW how much I dislike Brownies. I could never find one which was moist or even tasted good. Imagine my joy when this package came. I was singing "I'm gonna have a Brownie, I'm gonna have a Brownie" I know a funny gal I am. I didn't hesitate to work up both mixes the same night.
I made the brownies first, since they were my craving. Making the brownies up was quite easy and quick. It only required 3 ingredients plus the packaged mix. Little did I know Ms.JavaGal could smell them baking all the way upstairs. She of course came to investigate. I should say she came to hound me until they were ready for consumption! lol
I had the following people taste them and give their opinion on them.
Mr.~ (Not one to mix words, simply stated)
"Soft, Moist, Tasty the mint isn't overpowering,very good."
Ms.JavaGal~ "I could smell these baking upstairs."
"I like how they taste like fudge at first. You can taste a hint of mint,but it doesn't take away from the chocolate fudge taste."
"I normally don't eat brownies because they are overly sweet, and make me nauseous. I was actually able to enjoy this brownie and not feel bad afterwards."
Lil Love~ "MMMMmmm, this is good Nina" "I like the brownie"
Mr.Java~ He admits to growing up with his mom using semi-sweet chocolate and dark chocolate in her brownies. So his reply was one I thought would be more interesting.
"If I was using the star rating system with 5 being the highest score. I would give this brownie a 4 1/2 stars"
Poetic~ Like I stated above I'm not a brownie eater. I was quite shocked to how soft and tasteful this brownie was. It did smell wonderful while cooking,The batter even smelled good!
I liked how ya could see the chocolate chips in the batter and they remained even after cooking them up. Most times the chips melt into the brownie mix. I personally enjoyed them.
Now for the Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins. I chose to make muffins over the 2 loaves of bread. Because when it comes to making breakfast I like quick things. Muffins are something ya can grab and go. Now making the mix up on this one I was in for a surprise. I didn't expect the batter to be so airy and light! It was extremely fluffy and smelled delightful. The batter reminded me of when ya make beer bread (which I no longer make because of gluten)
The muffins were so pretty when they were done. Here are the reviews on the muffins.
Mr~ "Moist, chewy, and tastful."
Ms. JavaGal~ "Looks yummy, sweet not overly lemon taste just right. I like it!"
Mr. Java~ " Moist lemon taste, Never had anything with poppyseed before, but I enjoyed it. Again 4 1/2 Stars!"
Lil Love~ "This has pepper on it, Nina" After explaining it wasn't pepper she responded with
"Hmmm, ok"
Poetic~ Now I found this muffin to remind me of sweet cornbread at first, then ya taste the lemon. I thought it made for a good breakfast muffin.
So this is the review my family gave on these two products. I suggest if ya can purchase them, to do so. I would truly make them again for my family. Plus it did satisfy my craving for brownies!



4 comments:

Tessa said...

Wow, both of those sound delicious!! Makes me wanna bake something tonight...hmm, I have some dough in the refrigerator! :)

Svea Love said...

MMmmmm....I am hungry now!

Teena in Toronto said...

They look good!

Happy blogoversary!

Tyggereye said...

That looks delicious! Happy Bloganniversary!